A flat dog is known as any large reptile of family crocodile. For its location, the name Flatdogs Camp seems apt since it’s perched right there on the banks of the Luangwa River, literally teeming with thousands of these gnarly snouted fellows. Your new neighbours. Well that is, the crocodiles, hippos, the 200 mammal species and 450 bird species found in this area. It’s a wildlife festival. Great news since that's what you came here for.
Offering four different types of accommodation, Flatdogs Camp is ideal for any traveller with a heart for that prolific wildlife encounter. From spacious chalets and safari tents to a unique treehouse getaway or the private tented house for ultimate exclusivity. No matter your preference of room type, the wildlife experience - one in the same.
The dining experience too. The Restaurant is flexible with no set meals or given meal times. It’s up to you. No matter when or where you dine, under the thatched lapa, in the courtyard or garden - all with a view onto the river, the meals are simple but done well.
Lounge around reading a book. Cool off in the pool. Head out on another exciting game drive or walking safari.
* Adjoining rooms with a small kitchenette can be used for families or small groups sharing
* Includes one family unit consisting of three rooms one of which is an upstairs loft room that has a raised deck overlooking the river but shares a bathroom
* On the banks of the river with the best views in camp. Includes one family tent of two rooms with one double bed and two twin beds sharing a bathroom.
* An additional honeymoon tent offers a waterhole view, a private setting and a large bathroom with shower and bath tub.
* If booked for a group of four, a private safari vehicle and guide will be provided for the duration of your stay.
* Only open during the dry season from 5 April to 15 November.
All activities take you into the South Luangwa National Park, one of Africa’s last true wilderness areas.
Morning game drives from 6:00am and night game drives starting at 16:00pm (roughly 4 hours each); Walking safaris usually done in the cool mornings (3 to 4 hours long) or do a Drive/Walk combo tour (2 hours long).
Limited to no more than six guests per vehicle and guided by a professional guide, who not only knows the area well but with a deep rooted passion for this incredible place, you’re guaranteed the experience you came here expecting.
"NTS organized the trip wonderfully!"
We felt that the trip kept getting better every day
"The trip of our lives!"
Everything was excellently planned by Ashlee at Namibia Tours & Safaris.
"A truly wonderful and memorable trip"
Namibia, it's countryside, people and wildlife really should be on everyone's bucket list of places to visit!
"Absolutely a five star experience with this great company!"
Super clear communication, great recommendations and just really clear logistics.